Admission Process

For education purposes, some requirements such as academic results, financial status, english proficiency, and insurance coverage might be compulsory. The admission process for international students are typically:


1. Consulting

Consulting your future career and what qualifications from which institutions are needed to achieve it


2. Documentation

Preparing the documents needed for your application


3. Apply School

Applying to your desired educational institutions such as university, TAFE, or english course


4. Offer letter

Having a conditional offer/offer letter issued from the institution and Fulfilling/accepting the offer


5. Payment

Making a payment to secure your spot at the institution


Issue eCOE

Having a confirmation of enrolment (COE) issued from the institution


7. Apply Visa

Apply for visa after your COE is issued


8. Visa Granted

Having your visa issued


9. Departure

Preparation for departure

Academic Requirements

  • Schools: the requirements vary between schools and depend on which state or territory you intend to study. Academic records such as, previous transcripts and English language test results will be required.
  • Vocational education and training: For most VET institutions, students do not have to sit an entrance exam to enrol to the course. However, some courses may require specific previous work experience or pre-requisite subjects to be taken.
  • University undergraduate: To be accepted into an undergraduate course, you need to have achieved a certain grade or score in your senior secondary qualification (equivalent to Australian Year 12). Acceptable qualification may include ATAR, USFP GPA, GCE A LEVEL 3 Subject, International Baccalaureate, India – CBSE, Canada – OSSD, Norway – Vitnemal, South Africa, SAT without Aps, ACT without Aps, Hong Kong – HKDSE, China – GaoKao and so on. However, some undergraduate courses may also have specific prerequisite subject requirement.
  • University postgraduate: admissions vary from program to program, but at a minimum, entry into a master’s degree at most Australian Universities requires the completion of the equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree or graduate diploma/graduate certificate from a recognised tertiary institution, with a minimum credit (65 per cent) average. Qualifications awarded outside Australia can also be used for admission, but equivalencies and entry requirements are determined based on the country, institution and qualification. For international students, it is advisable to contact the International Students Centre in your chosen universities for more information on how your degree average grade equates to average grade for Australian universities.


Visa Requirements

Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.

  • Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement. Read more about this on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website
  • Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
  • English language proficiency.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

English Language Requirements

Under certain circumstances, you may need to provide results of an English language test. It is important for you to know that the English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the level of skill required for your student visa application. You should carefully check student visa information on both the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website and the institution website for any English language requirements.



Overseas Student Health Cover

What is OSHC:

OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) is insurance to assist international students meet the costs of medical and hospital care that they may need while in Australia. OSHC will also pay limited benefits for pharmaceuticals and ambulance services. As an international student in Australia, you are required to have OSHC for the entire duration of your study in Australia.

Who has to take out OSHC?

People who must take out OSHC are overseas students undertaking formal studies in Australia and their dependents (spouses and children under 18 years old).

What does OSHC cover?

OSHC policies assist to cover the cost of hospital and medical treatment. This covers ambulance services and pharmaceuticals, but restrictions apply (limited to $50 per pharmaceutical item to a maximum of $300 a year for single membership). OSHC does not pay for general treatment such as dental, optical or physiotherapy. If you require cover for these treatments, you may take Extra OSHC provided by an OSHC provider or general treatment cover with any Australian private health insurer. You can also choose to supplement OSHC with other insurance such as international travel insurance.